Can memes actually help people understand or remember concepts, or are they just entertaining?
I'm exploring that question through a Pinterest board filled with memes related to different topics.
What's on the board?
- Memes related to psychology, science, health, history, and study habits
- Each meme connects humor to a real concept
- Organized into categories to show patterns across disciplines
👉 Take a look at the board here: [Pinterest board link]
What do you think?
I'm looking for honest feedback.
- Have you ever learned something from a meme?
- Did a meme ever make a concept finally click?
- Or are memes just a fun way to remember something you already knew?
I'd love to hear your thoughts in the pinterest comments or below.

My brothers smoke weed and send memes to me at all times of the day (and sometimes night). I've personally not learned anything from their constant barrage; however, I can hardly imagine their intent is to teach. I would be hard pressed to believe there isn't some way to use these productively in a learning setting. They can be powerful tools for getting a point across using the fewest amount of words. I just haven't seen them used in an educational context at this point. I don't want to sound condescending or closed-minded because I have found some extremely funny and relatable. I'd love to see someone skillfully integrate them into a learning experience!
ReplyDelete